You've heard all the stories, but have long forgotten. And then a compendium of BP's years-long, willful cheating on regulatory requirements and safety rules comes along, and wham! wow! WTF? Still drilling? Shit, why ain't the pricks in prison?
BP and their negligent co-conspirators have unleashed a lethal hell on the Gulf coast. BP. Beyond Petroleum. Oh, sorry. beyond petroleum. That's humble, with a big ol' AITCH.
Having previously indicted oil companies as "a bunch of stupid fucking dipshits," behold a grand legacy of these particular, limey muthafuckin' SFDs:
- March 23, 2005: Explosion, BP's refinery, Texas City, Texas. 15 workers killed. Cutting the costs for safety and maintenance blamed.
- July 2005, BP's deep sea $1 billion Gulf prject, Thunder Horse, listed 20 degrees. Design and engineering are blamed.
- March 2006, 267,000 gallons of crude oil leaked out of a BP-maintained 34-inch feeder pipe to the TransAlaska Pipeline System
- Aug. 8, 2006, a "catastrophic pipeline split" ruptures in the TransAlaska pipeline. "Severe corrosion" is found, caused by "BP's cost-cutting and poor maintenance of the pipelines."
- April 2010, Deepwater Horizon blows and burns. Negligence, ignored safety precautions, substandard construction on well head (Halliburton).